Meet Sundari Ma
Many years ago in New Zealand during her first meditation course, Sundari Ma was intimately touched by the Goddess and heard a calling, which changed the course of her life. A powerful longing had been ignited. In the same year, her father died from cancer. Sitting at his deathbed revealed the intention to know and serve Love in this lifetime, and to follow this calling no matter what. She was set on the inner journey to truth.
Sundari Ma founded and co-directed Soma Yoga, studio for Yoga, Ayurveda and Meditation in Freiburg, for many years, and has been teaching Vedic and Tantric wisdom for almost two decades. She studied closely with Dr. David Frawley and Tantric teacher Sally Kempton, among others.
In Igor Vamadeva Kufayev, Advaita Tantra teacher and artist, she has finally recognized her ultimate spiritual guide, and serves the work of her Teacher and his community, Flowing Wakefulness. Igor has trained and assigned Sundari Ma for the role of facilitating his work because of her direct recognition of the subtlety and depth of his Teaching of the Heart and the understanding she gained from her own process of awakening.
In the written account The Touch of Grace, Sundari Ma shares candidly about her spiritual training and transformative journey under the guidance of her Teacher: the heart-to-heart connection beyond words, the transformation of consciousness that has been initiated and safeguarded by Igor, characteristic challenges that Kundalini awakening brings about, the integration of higher states of consciousness into the neurophysiology of the body, and the growing into spiritual maturity. Originally it was published as a contribution to a blog on the inspiring topic “Teacher and Student” by the spiritual community “Modernes Kloster – Ort der Stille” in German language.
Sundari Ma, guided by her Teacher, offers his transformative teachings in the German-speaking world since January 2021 in form of Flowing Wakefulness Online Courses. These courses reflect the unfolding of Igor’s teaching as taught in live immersions, and contain a unique blend of tantric teachings, meditation guidance and spontaneous interaction with the group.
Sundari offers her service to others on their spiritual path and journey of Kundalini awakening through personally tailored 1-2-1 sessions. It is her passion to re-connect people to the healing, life-sustaining and fiercely protective power of the Sacred Feminine at the Heart of all existence, and to re-awaken reverence for the mystery of life and Mother Nature. Her knowledge of the ancient wisdom traditions, insights gained from her own transformative process and work with her teacher form the foundation of her work.
She developed the 8-month course Shakti Sadhana – The Art of Meditation, synthesizing the teachings of inner tantric Yoga, Ayurveda and tantric psychology, and supports others to rise beyond their psychological limitations, to skilfully balance and integrate transformative changes and to open to the fullness of life. Further offerings include regular meditation gatherings, workshops and retreats that integrate yogic and tantric wisdom, meditation and lifestyle-skills for the modern householder. She currently lives in the beautiful city of Freiburg, Germany.
“It is through her conscious, loving guidance that I learn to further relax into meditation, and to let come to the surface what needs to be seen, held, healed, dissolved.”
~ Melanie Klett
Biography in a Nutshell
• Visit of High School for Music & Fine Arts in Bamberg (till 1994)
• Study of Forestry at Albert-Ludwigs University Freiburg (1996-2001)
• Publication of “Landscape in Motion: The Human Relationship to Nature through Contemporary Dance,” (2002)
• Study of Contemporary Dance (1996), African Dance (1990-1995), New Dance & Improvisation (1999-2000).
• Trance healing, Reiki Master & Hypnosis therapy
• Beginning of Yoga & Meditation Sadhana in 1997
• Ayurveda Studies at the Shree Shankara Hospital in Kerala, South India (2003), Certificate of Ayurvedic Medicine, Practice & Kerala Treatments
• Co-Founder of “Yoga Lounge Freiburg – Studio for Vinyasa Yoga & Meditation” (2004)
• In-Depth Studies of Ayurveda & Jyotish – Vedic Astrology (since 2005)
• Certified Jivamukti Yoga Teacher, trained by Sharon Gannon & David Life (2007)
• Co-Founder & Co-Director of Soma Yoga Freiburg – Educational Center for Yoga, Meditation, Ayurveda & Shakti Sadhana (2007)
• Experienced Registered Yoga Teacher (E-RYT), Yoga Alliance (since 2009)
• Study & Sadhana with Tantric Meditation Teacher Sally Kempton (2008-2014)
• Study of Ayurveda, Tantra, Mantra & Vedic Teachings with Dr. David Frawley & Yogini Shambhavi (2009-2013)
• Initiation into Neurophysiological Transformation and the “Path of the Heart” in June 2015 by Advaita Tantra Teacher Igor Vamadeva Kufayev
• Spiritual Training & selfless Service as part of Igor Vamadeva Kufayev’s community ‘Flowing Wakefulness’ since 2015